2007 Mercury Montego User Reviews
Premier AWD shown
- $7,527 - $9,334
- Room, Economy, Cargo Capacity, Safety Features, Performance, AWD and CVT!
- Adequate power but a bit more would be better. Need to wire lights to wipers!
This is a GREAT car! I drove Marquis' for years and switched about 16 months ago to a Montego. This car as more room, more safety features and more cargo capacity than any Marquis I ever owned. I just recently had my first bad weather experience with it. 5 inches of ice and 6 inches of snow on top of it. I didn't miss a day of work and in fact did not even notice one slip while driving in the mess. AWD and CVT did the job. I now have over 40,000 miles on this car and have done nothing but regular oil changes. 18 inch tires and elevated seating give you a command of the view. CVT is a dream! No downshifting on Interstate hills, just smooth power up when needed. A couple of wishes: 1) Engineers should fix lights to come on when using wipers! 2) Turn signal monitors on already oversized rear view mirrors would be great! Take note Ford! I love this car. About 50 more horsepower would make me happier but there's plenty of power for this 60+ year old. Dollar for dollar you'd look a long, long time to find a better value -- and a five star safety rating!! Thanks Ford Motor Company....read morehide
17 out of 17 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- very satisfied with my montego
- Have had no such peoblem
I own a 2005 Montego and have never had a problem with this vehicle. It has great interior room. seating is great especially for a handicap person such as my wife. seating is higher than other cars so is much easier for her to get into car. Tramsfering her from a wheel chair to the front seat is a real convience. Really have no negative remarks to make of the Montego. I hope this model stays around....read morehide
10 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Above average fuel economy
- Rear suspintion is to soft for rear passengers, to much rear brake dust
I have owned my Montego for about three months and realy have no real complaints. I would prefer better break pad material to get riid of the break dust. I will be looking for some kind of suspinsion upgrades because I frequently have guestes in my car.
5 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Style, comfort and plenty of room in the cabin and trunk. Wonderful family car!
This car is a great deal. The whole family loves it! Go for a teast drive and you'll be convinced of the value.
6 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Roomy, good fuel economy, great in deep snow and icy grades, good sight line.
- Underpowered, especially with four or more passengers.
Clever trunk lid hinges guard against crushed cargo. (a common Ford problem) Folding rear seat backs allowed me to put a 13' step ladder in the trunk and close the lid! I'm 6' 5" - 290 lbs and the seats adjust for lots of comfort/leg room, etc without cramping the passenger behind me. Car has perfomed flawlessly for two years and 38,000 miles. I'm leasing another soon with same options and trim. A very good value in family sedans. I'm 67 years old and have had many, many new cars, both foreign and domestic. This one has been the most reliable ... I would order the GPS system from the factory if I could justify the reasons for FOUR times the cost of an after-market unit (Tom-Tom, Garmin, etc.)....read morehide
11 out of 11 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Understated classy styling, excellent seating and space, decent mileage, good perf.
- My only complaint is 'brake dust' on rear wheels.
Over all, the Mercury Montego is a very nice car with loads of room front and rear, a huge trunk, quiet ride, decent mileage all wrapped up in a very understated classy looking body. After the first 12 months, we have not had one single problem so far. I have had Town Cars and Continentals, but I much prefer this Mercury Montego......at a much lower price too....read morehide
17 out of 19 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- GREAT TRUNK SPACE, REAR LEG ROOM, HEAD ROOM, REAR ENTRY
- ABOVE PLUS: REAR BOTTOMS OUT OVER BUMPS. PAX IN THE REAR HAS A VERY ROUGH RIDE.
BETTER CAR OVERALL THAN A LINCOLN TOWN CAR EXCEPT FOR THE ROUGH RIDE IN THE REAR.
12 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.