2006 Mercury Mountaineer User Reviews
4X2 Luxury 4.6L [Discontinued] shown
- $7,375 - $9,053
- No trim specified for this review
- Decent fuel economy - 21 MPG on highway; 19 with combination driving.
- Rattle in intake or heat shield; after 3 attempts, dealer has failed to fix. Also a slow trans. leak
I can't help but compare to my 1999 Explorer which didn't have quite the ride since suspension has now gone independent but there was more quality in my Explorer XLT. In six years, Ford has made the sheet metal thinner and has added more plastic and fiber glass where there used to be metal and chrome. Having a 3rd seat is okay but when you fold the seats down there are annoying gaps in the luggage area. Also, I hate having the fuel filler door on the right hand side. Mercury could do better - they could improve quality instead to cut corners on material and design.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Midsize
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Mercury News & Articles
The Story of the Mercury Cyclone
“What’s in a name?” Shakespeare asked in his play Romeo and Juliet. The answer depends on whet...Read Full Review
eBay Find of the Day: Craterface's '49 Mercury convertible from Grease
Here is your chance to own your very own piece of greased lightning. Well, not the Greased Lighting,...Read Full Review
Auction Car of the Week: 25k-mile 1978 Mercury Marquis – $7,500
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: There is no better deal in ultra-low mileage vintag...Read Full Review
- More Mercury News & Articles