2006 Mercury Mountaineer User Reviews
AWD Luxury 4.0L shown
- $7,375 - $9,053
- No trim specified for this review
- Decent fuel economy - 21 MPG on highway; 19 with combination driving.
- Rattle in intake or heat shield; after 3 attempts, dealer has failed to fix. Also a slow trans. leak
I can't help but compare to my 1999 Explorer which didn't have quite the ride since suspension has now gone independent but there was more quality in my Explorer XLT. In six years, Ford has made the sheet metal thinner and has added more plastic and fiber glass where there used to be metal and chrome. Having a 3rd seat is okay but when you fold the seats down there are annoying gaps in the luggage area. Also, I hate having the fuel filler door on the right hand side. Mercury could do better - they could improve quality instead to cut corners on material and design.
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.