2006 Mercury Mountaineer User Reviews
AWD Luxury 4.0L shown
- $7,375 - $9,053
- No trim specified for this review
- Great ride handles very good for an SUV minimal body roll. Powerfull 4.0L V6
- Don't really care for the Functionally of the interior door handles, but Looks co
The Mercury Mountaineer is an all around great SUV with a nice standard package as well as a great option list that will make the price shoot through the roof. The 4.0L V6 is a great motor offering 210 hp and 254 ft-lbs of torque at 5100 rpm and an average of 20 mpg.
Living in Colorado I can really test the performance of a motor! At an average altitude of 5,280 ft and many passes that climb well over 12,000 ft, the 4.0L V6 had power to spare.
The handling of the Mountaineer is better than other SUV's test driven. With the Stability Control system, it really helps the Mountaineer really stick to the road. With minimal body roll and tight steering, their really is no "wishy washy" feeling.
The interior offers adjustable leather seats, third row seating with an electronic option to lower the seats, leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter with many more options to list. Refer to www.edmunds.com for a full list of features. With comfort in mind, the mountaineer gives you the feeling of driving super pricey luxury SUV's without the price tag.
The Mercury Mountaineer is a great SUV and is worth a test drive. We enjoy our Mountaineer more and more every day.
10 out of 10 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.