2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
There are 6 user reviews for the GT S-AWC trim shown below
- acceleration, handling
- ride is too rough, lots of noise, seat comfort lacking on long trips
Purchased As New
I just want to say anyone considering doing long commuting with the outlander GT not to buy it. I got mine 3 weeks ago and everyday regret the decision. I was trying to decide between the Outlander GT and a Terrain V6 SLE-2. I went with the Outlander because I thought it had better performance and features. With the short test drives you really don't get a feel for how uncomfortable a car could be for longer trips, and I thought both cars during the test drives were about equal in the cabin comfort department - but I was wrong. I have read mixed reviews on both vehicles in terms of seat comfort, suspension, and noise.
However, I drive a lot I have already put in over 2,400 miles on it in 3 weeks. So here is my critique:
-Yes it has much better handling than a lot of SUVs
-Has ample acceleration and power - shifter paddles can be fun
--Engine can be noisy at high revs - expected
- The front seats seem comfortable at first, but if you sit in them for any length of time you realize the back support just isn't right and my lower back has started having minor aches now whenever I sit in it - It just doesn't support right. Also the seat cushions get flat fast. They do not seem to absorb any shock to suspension and travels right to you.
- The armrest is too hard (cloth on top of hard plastic - no padding) and not in the right spot, it is too far back.
-The little rings around the instrument cluster - rattle like no other on bumps (you can feel that they are not secured all the way around - i plan to just glue them in place (they feel snapped on)
- Interior can scratch easily - but not as easy as the Edmunds staff makes it sound (takes more than my fingernails or regular normal usage folks).
-The exhaust booms the interior when cruising at around 65 then you let off gas and the tach drops below 2000 (like downhill or coast) this subtle Thrum sound is very unpleasant - dealer said normal exhaust sound - meant to be sporty
-Gas mileage has been as expected which is good
-This car makes me want to just accelerate it hard every chance because I get so annoyed by driving it slow, at least when driving hard it is somewhat fun
- The ride is way to overly stiff and freeway driving on average roads is annoyingly jostling. This car reminds me of the feeling of a jeep it just jostles you side to side and you feel a single bump 4 times it feels like, bigger bumps feel harsh. Now I am use to different suspensions - I have recently had (Mazda 3, Honda civic, Porsche 944, dodge caravan) and this suspension is the worst set up in terms of daily driving bump absorption - not sure why. You feel every little road imperfections. - Again the dealer drove with me and said this is how they feel (sporty and communicative) -
- Cabin noise is stupid at freeway speeds - you hear every car beside you, you hear the engine noise, you hear road noise, you hear the tires thrumming on the pavement.
- The stereo is not as great as everyone makes it out to be - the Rockford Fosgate system (i do not have nav screen so maybe there is better adjustments) - seems to miss a whole range of sounds and suppresses them to background - it is overly powered with synthesized bass sound. The sound I will admit is great for rap and R&B - but for rock, alternative, country or anything else - it just plain doesn't sound good to my ears. The bass isn't the nice hitting bass; it?s like the loud annoying bass that the low-rider next to you is bumping. Basically you hear the voices and the synthesized bass and some guitar---all the other nice sounds in a song that really pull it together aren't crisp. Anyone know a way to adjust sub amplifier? I have tried an endless amount of options on the stereo...but none give it a full crisp sound. (yes I tried the settings: Normal, Stage, Live, Hall - Normal, R&B, Rock, Country - Bass -6 to +6, Mid -6 to +6, Treb -6 to +6, Fader -11R to +11F) - and yes I have had cars with 10" subwoofer
3 out of 55 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )