2008 Nissan Versa Sedan
There are 15 user reviews for the 1.8 S trim shown below
- Fuel Economy, No Problems, Smooth Ride
- Not a whole lot of acceleration
Purchased As New
I got this car as a graduation present from my mom and I love this car. Only thing I don't like is that, since I have a lead foot, it doesn't accelerate as fast as I want it to. Otherwise it is a great car, just wish the dealership it was bought from wasn't stupid when maintaining it. (Over-inflated tires over Max PSI, put on wrong wiper blades(hit each other), and scratched my hub-caps like no other when rotating tires) Truthfully, I didn't like how it looked at first but I can't imagine driving any other car. Definitely would buy another Nissan Versa....read morehide
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Roomy, Smooth, Low Cost at Pump and at End of Month
- Performance on turns could be better (wider tires would help)
Purchased As New
A decent, solid buy for anyone who simply wishes not to throw money away on a more expensive means of transportation.
Comfortable for all passengers, and contains many standard features that you would normally expect to pay extra for.
Had a small problem with starter at the beginning but it was quickly resolved. Small problems with new autos are common. I have had issues popup on vehicles costing 4x more than the Versa.
Would say the car is low-cost and not cheap. Cheap would indicate low quality, this car is definitely not that....read morehide
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- plenty of room for family,good features,good on gas
- small gas tank
HAD THIS CAR FOR 4 MONTHS AND LIKE IT A LOT.YOU CANNOT BEAT THE INTERIOR SPACE!!!!!GAS MILEAGE IS GOOD NOT CRAZY GOOD.OVERALL WOULD BUY A SECOND ONE.
6 out of 11 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Roomy interior, good mileage, power options are good.
- V ERY disappointed, nothing to pop open trunk, sedan has NO split back seat
Just bought this car, and am already disappointed and would like to return it. The hatchback has fold down back seats, the sedan does NOT, which is VERY inconvient. There is no way to just POP open the trunk. I was not thinking, I just assumed that all small cars had these features. DO NOT get the beige interior!!!! Stains and soils, even with the special protection....read morehide
10 out of 16 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Huge interior but small exterior, high seating position, decent ride, cheap
- Excessively poor quality and dealer network unable to fix problems
My parents purchased this car in April of 2007, and we sold the car (for reasons I will explain in a moment) in April of 2008. We amassed about 25,000 miles in that period. Please keep in mind the car was meticulously maintained by a car-crazy family that would rather walk than drive a dirty, improperly maintained car.
Our dynamic impressions of the car were good. We really enjoyed the huge expanse of space on the interior of the Versa, the small and tidy exterior, the overall design (aesthetic and ergonomic), and especially the higher seating position. The ride quality was pretty good, quiet, and on the soft side. We were not so smitten with the not-as-advertised (but still acceptable) fuel consumption (about 28MPG combined highway/city).
But by far the biggest problem we had with this car was its overall quality. This car made a combined 20+ trips to the dealer for about 5 different issues - some of which the dealer could fix, but most of which it could not. We grappled with a broken A/C vent first, which was repaired. Next came an A/C condensation leak that would saturate the passenger-side carpets with the A/C running - this problem was never solved. The dealer replaced the A/C compressor 3 times because they put the wrong one in the first two times. The brakes squealed starting at 20,000 miles. Then we discovered a water leak in the trunk. And, lastly, the steering clunked whenever the wheel was turned. The dealer could fix only the A/C vent, and we got Nissan USA involved on the leaks when we threatened a lemon law buyback claim. Nissan USA dropped the ball on the leaks and wouldn't fix them, so we were left with no options. We traded this car in on a 2008 Honda Civic LX sedan.
AVOID THIS CAR AT ALL COSTS!!!
(We had similar quality issues with a 2002 Nissan Altima.)...read morehide
23 out of 27 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Seat Height, Very Cute, Good Fuel Economy
- Little Sluggish with A/C on going uphill
This is a very nice car to drive! I'm short (5'3'') and the driver's seat sits up nice and high and I have great visibility. The car is so roomy that there is plenty of headroom for my tall husband even with the seat being so high. It's peppy around town - I noticed a slight sluggishness when going uphill with the A/C on but still could zip along when I gave it the gas. I like the various storage compartments and the radio/CD is easy to use and sounds nice. This is a nice car....read morehide
11 out of 16 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good gas mileage, very comfortable, roomy, large trunk for such a small car.Glad I chose a Versa
- No button to pop open trunk, could have a little more power but not bad for small car.
I drove lots of cars and the seats in them were so uncomfortable they ran pain all through my back. I said don't they make small cars with comfortable seats anymore..then we stopped by the Nissan dealership and tried the Versa....I loved the comfortable seats and could not believe the room inside. Lots of leg room in the back and large back seat for the kids. I loved the hatchback very cute, but not enough room for traveling purposes so I chose the sedan. You can't go wrong with the Versa great car, great price, great gas mileage....read morehide
10 out of 17 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good suspension, quite peppy
- Uncomfortable, poorly designed
I drove this car for a week on a business trip last month. I could not wait to get out of it. My main complaints are:
1) Very uncomfortable seats (I am 6ft tall 190lb, hardly ever have problems with seats). There was enough headroom, but after driving just 10 minutes my lower back was hurting. Nothing helped.
2) Highly distracting dashboard - the huge orange-lit display is mostly distracting while serving no real purpose.
3) Poor side and rear visibility, no matter what you do with side mirrors.
4) Unheard of problems with design of its controls: The blinker would almost never reset automatically; I had to manually turn the blinker off what felt like every time - very annoying and distracting. The car lacked autolock feature - in order to lock all doors you have to do it from the inside of the car, not by turning the key in the door lock clockwise, as it is on most cars. I ended up inadvertently leaving the car open.
5) High pitch noise coming out of the engine. This was quite subtle and possible to miss on a short drive, but if you revved up the engine you could hear a very annoying high pitch that after few hours drive gave me headache.
On the positive side, the fuel economy was decent - I got around 27mpg in mixed city and highway driving. Acceleration was adequate in its class....read morehide
13 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Huge inside, excellent on price, gas,quality inside for this price, hatchbag can move so much!
- Only 1.8 automatic, stick should be better, engine noise
We love the 2008 model. And it is a heavy car believe it or not and HUGE inside. Hatchbag does the job for us.
12 out of 25 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very roomy and the interior quality is excellent
- shocks are a little rough
I have driven the car about 200 miles and am very satisfied. The ride is excellent, the pick up is very good, the interior is excellent, the sound system is very good. In my opinion the Versa is the best value for its class.
13 out of 22 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Midsize
( What's this? )