2006 Porsche 911 Carrera
There are 8 user reviews for the Coupe trim shown below
- quick, easy to drive fast, simple and easy to understand. reliable.
- practically useless rear seats, cramped cabin. pricy.
german engineering at its best. You basic 911 - if you can afford it buy the turbo.
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Classic looks, high quality, blinding performance, every day driver
- Not inexpensive to own and maintain, attracts bad drivers
Bought the base model Carrera, with minimum options, drove it straight to speed shop: installed Bilstein SS9s, wheel spacers, f/r stabilizers, struts, new induction w/ low restriction air cleaner, GEAC chip, custom headers, 100 cell cat, Gemballa mufflers, short shifter and OEM Sport Seats. Sits 1.5 inches lower than stock, otherwise no external evidence of mods. A sort of homemade Club Sport. Runs heads up with an M5 rolling start 30 to 75, no one can stay with it in a corner unless driving with F1 equipment and skills. Sounds like a jet airplane on hard acceleration, otherwise polite around town. I've owned hot iron since the 60's, from sedans with Corvette engines, race prepared Datsun 510, and more GTOs, 442s and BMWs that I want to mention. This is the best performing, best balanced and best made of them all, and a lot more fun....read morehide
10 out of 11 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- 911S is a rocket, looks hot, is hot. Never had a clue how good it really would be.
- Ride a little rough but wife doesn't complain.
911S Silver Coupe with red calipers. Sounds awesome on a cold start up. Elect. seats, heated seats, 6 disk changer. Six speed is only way to go. 62 years old and thank God I didn't wait any longer.
6 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- most like the best car that have good value on fuel economy
- im afraid on riding on humps and when road rough might scratch the paint
other than the cons the car is perfect. the car is good only for welll paved road.. when you stroll around rough roads better set up huge amount for repaintiong hahaha
3 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- ageless design, classy muscular shape, engine is pure music-that I never get bored of listning To.
- ????????? (I'm really trying hard to think of one, but I can't)
This my 3rd porsche with the first 2 being Boxsters. I always enjoyed my boxsters until I test drove a 05 911 cab and I was hooked. I ended up purchasing a 05 black coup with carrera "S" 19" wheels (well worth the extra $) Bose premium sound, leather seats. Everytime I slip into the drivers seat I "feel" that 911 tradition that has been refined over 30 years and realize it could'nt possibly get any better than this, But porsche NEVER settles and thats what makes the 911 the finest, purest, sports car available today....read morehide
3 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- add an extra star for the performance, value, and comfort.
- Why is the 911 so SEXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
WOW.If you have the money, the car it worth a second morgage.I drive it to school everyday, and this car is one hell of a machine.Comfortable, the power is INSANE, the car handles curves like water....chills up my spine,porsche rocks.
11 out of 14 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Handles like a dream, more power than you would ever need and fits like a glove.
- Can't find enough areas to put it through it's paces.
This is my eighth Porsche and is the best yet! Even when sitting it looks like it is racing.
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Superb handling, great acceleration and porsche cachet.
- Price increases rapidly with necessary options and bose sound system subpar.
Porsche has the remarkable ability to re-invent this car without changing its basic character. One of the best sports cars available.
20 out of 22 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Sports Cars
( What's this? )