2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X2 User Reviews
Tundra-Grade 4.7L Long Bed shown
- $14,737 - $21,225
- No trim specified for this review
- Roomy interior, Red glow instruments are great, great engine, decent ride
- Fuel mileage is poor, cannot check auto transmission fluid level, RSCA unit has stuck in off pos.
I was always under the impression that Toyota was a quality product, so i purchased the 08 SR5 Double, thinking i was getting a truck that would last. I have less than 500 mi. on it and the air bag switch will not turn the side air bags back on. Gas mileage is around 11 mpg in city, Traveling down hills, when it stops at the bottom, the truck will not shift into a lower gear to start out. No dip stick to check transmission fluid, dealer was unaware of this and simply does not care to make the truck right. Called other dealers, as they are some distance from each other and most replied let your selling dealer repair your complaints. My dealer Motorworld of Wilkes Barre, Pa. has very little interest in doing so. So much for Toyota quality and dependability. After owning 12 new American made pick-up trucks, i suggest anyone shopping for a new truck be carefull not to make the mistake i did. Check-up on your selling dealer through Better Business Bureau before purchasing, the truck has some nice features, to make them appealing but trust me they are poor quality and so our some of the dealers. Buy a chevrolet or Ford for dependability.
1 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New Large
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.