1997 Toyota 4Runner User Reviews
SR5 4X2 shown
- $1,608 - $2,727
- No trim specified for this review
- Reliabilty, durability, flexibility, traction in snow, towing capacity
- Mileage should be better, gas tank too small, oil filter location, front cup holders ridiculou
Purchased As New
I paid $26,000 for mine new in 1997. I have over 198,000 miles now. The ride is a little unsettled, its better with a full load. Handling and steering is 2nd to none. I relocated the oil filter to the inner fender well with a bypass kit. I installed a hood deflector. I also installed a makeshift stainless steel screen inside the grill to stop damage to the radiator from road debris and bugs. The only repairs I've needed are the head gasket went out under the extended warranty. Also the front brake line cracked from fatigue after a mounting bolt rusted thru. Michelin LTX M+S are the tires of choice for this vehicle. I still have the original shocks, exhaust system, alternator, starter, master cylinder, transmission, etc...
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Toyota News & Articles
Toyota Camry targets 2012 sales crown
With just over two months remaining in the year, Camry has notched sales of 315,000 units, roughly 6...Read Full Review
Toyota Camry: Mr. Dependable
The Toyota Camry is like that friend you had in high school who perhaps wasn’t the coolest kid in ...Read Full Review
Toyota unwraps Tesla-powered RAV4 EV
At EVS26, the Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles this week, Toyota showed off the production ...Read Full Review
Toyota and Lexus Hybrids Recalled
Some Toyota hybrids could stop in their tracks because of an electrical problem leading to a blown f...Read Full Review
- More Toyota News & Articles