2009 Toyota 4Runner
There are 3 user reviews for the SR5 4X4 V6 trim shown below
- Good for most natural disasters.
- Fuel economy low
Purchased As New
I bought my 4runner V6 (4x4) in 2008 and loving it! So far cannot complain about anything major. I bought it knowing that it has poor fuel economy but i was aiming for safety because have to travel a lot. Here is a list of things I was looking for when i bought it:
1) Classic look - ie: the model from 1999 looks exacly like the one I got today and it still looks beautiful. It also looks like lexus too :)
2) Safety and realiability - It was listed as the safest car on the market last year. As to reliability - I have so far tested it in Alabama hurricane season (flods), Michigan snow storm and Ontario road ice Last year snow storm - Easily Drove into my inclined driveway with 2" ice on it. Christler van took few tries to get in. Did a long distance drive - 2500 km in 24 hr :) - that was fun and comfortable even with a dog!
3) Enough space to move my personal stuff (furniture)around but does not look like a bus.
Two things I don't like about it:
1. The paint finish scratches very easily - even with a hand nail. The paint behind my door handels has so many scratches it's dissapointing.
2. The counsel between the two front seat has buttons that should not be there at all. Reason is because I have a small dog that sometimes moves around the car as i drive and steps on them. So i have to constantly check so I do not drive with car stuck in inclined mode. :(
Just for your information:
- If you are a large person or very tall person - this car is not for you to drive. Ride is good for you (use back seat) but not to drive. My friend is about 250lb and she has difficulties getting into and out the front passenger seat. So if i have stuff packed in the back - i cannot roll the seat back for her comfort since the unrolled back seat stops the front seats from moving.
- It is a rear wheel drive in standard mode so when you turn corners you will add more of your personal power to steer. It is not a one hand deal. It will take you some time to adjust to the turn radiuses on the car too. So test drive it a few times before buying it.
14 out of 35 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )