2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid User Reviews
- $12,833 - $14,124
- No trim specified for this review
- Hybrid Synergy Drive, 28-30 mpg average, excellent performance, great quality
- No cons
Overall, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4WD-i is a splendid vehicle that is a pleasure to drive. It offers many safety features, including vehicle stability and traction controls, all the air bags, and daytime running lights. Rated at 268 hp, it has exceptional performance, yet offers great fuel savings while running extremely clean (a "green" vehicle).
I have a few observations from my experiences as owner of a Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4WD-i:
1) The original brand and model of tires mounted seem to make a considerable difference in mileage. My hybrid came with Michelin Energy LX4 tires, a low rolling friction tire.
2) For excellent fuel economy, the Highlander Hybrid must be driven far enough to thoroughly warm the engine. I've noticed from the "average mileage" indicator that for the first 3 or 4 miles driven, the mileage is around 20 mpg. But, after a good warmup (e.g., 5 miles or more) it comes up to 28 to 30 mpg. So, on short trips, don't expect 31 mpg.
3) My average mileage for 11,686 miles driven, using 399.7 gallons, is 29.24 mpg. Even if I compute the mileage using the next higher 1/10th of a gallon at each fillup, or 404.3 gallons, the average mileage comes to 28.90 mpg.
For a roomy SUV with peppy acceleration, it burns gas like my old 1962 VW Beetle; but, unlike the Beetle, it is by no means anemic on the hills.
44 out of 99 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Toyota News & Articles
Toyota Camry targets 2012 sales crown
With just over two months remaining in the year, Camry has notched sales of 315,000 units, roughly 6...Read Full Review
Toyota Camry: Mr. Dependable
The Toyota Camry is like that friend you had in high school who perhaps wasn’t the coolest kid in ...Read Full Review
Toyota unwraps Tesla-powered RAV4 EV
At EVS26, the Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles this week, Toyota showed off the production ...Read Full Review
Toyota Sells 3 Millionth Hybrid
With global crises from Japan to the Middle East continuing to roil world oil markets, the need for ...Read Full Review
- More Toyota News & Articles