2007 Toyota Highlander User Reviews
4X2 with 3rd Row Seat shown
- $9,797 - $15,883
- No trim specified for this review
- High quality construction, good winter traction, smooth engine, good convienences
- lower than expected gas milage, weak brakes, short person egonomics, down-shift problems
The 2006 highlander we bought new does not meet our expectations. Mileage on the freeway is 19mpg, significantly less than EPA estimate of 24mpg, unlike our 1995 villager which got it's EPA estimated mileage. Brakes are underpowered. power brake booster is slow to respond in emergency situtations. Suspension is sloppy under hard braking. Driver seat to steering wheel distance does not fit 6ft tall people. And the most annoying problem of all - downshifts while moving are slow to occur. Emergency downshifts do not occur fast enough. period. In summary, if driven conservatively, very conservatively, the vehicle is ok. But, when driven even a little bit aggresively, it responds like a fat pig.
206 out of 214 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Toyota News & Articles
Toyota Camry targets 2012 sales crown
With just over two months remaining in the year, Camry has notched sales of 315,000 units, roughly 6...Read Full Review
Toyota Camry: Mr. Dependable
The Toyota Camry is like that friend you had in high school who perhaps wasn’t the coolest kid in ...Read Full Review
Toyota unwraps Tesla-powered RAV4 EV
At EVS26, the Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles this week, Toyota showed off the production ...Read Full Review
Toyota Developing Augmented Reality for Cars
Toyota is now experimenting with augmented reality in its cars, as the potential for the technology ...Read Full Review
- More Toyota News & Articles