2008 Toyota RAV4 User Reviews
Base I4 4X2 shown
- $10,775 - $13,593
- Good Handling, Great Powertrain, Good Fuel Economy, Lots of room for family trips,
- Some road noise, Rear door should swing up or down,
My RAV4 has been a blast to own. It carries 99% of the stuff we need to carry. It's taken the family cross country with ease, all while being frugal with fuel. I traded a 2005 4x4 Tundra in for mine. The RAV4 V6 is more refined than the Tundra V8. I average a combined 22+ mpg. We love our RAV4....read morehide
5 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very good fuel economy,easy steering,smooth ride
- tire pressure indicator light keeps going on even when tires are full
Traded my 2004 Xterra in 4 months ago...what a gass guzzler and what a plesant switch to the Rav4. Just wish it were a little higher like the Nissan. Am a first time Toyota fan
8 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very pleased with highway milage: recent trip of over 2000 miles we averaged 27.7.
- A little noisy with rear windows open at highway speed.
Much happier with this car than our previous Merc Mariner. It is much more fuel efficient and has less road noise.
9 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Very uncomfortable seat. too noisy, Bumpy. strange vibration. No automatic door lock.
Not so happy about this car. Speed limits is very hard to read. Very noisy-Can't have a conversation with window down. strange vibration on freeway drive. Poor stereo. Bumpy ride on local drive. Poor design on AUX device & power input. No automatic door lock. Seat is very uncomfortable.
10 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great fuel economy, Roomy, Looks good
- Some road noise, Manual controlled headlights
This is my first Toyota and I love it. I traded a Chevy Trailblazer for it. The Chevy got around 15 mpg. My Rav gets an average of 25 mpg mixed driving. Mine is the Limited V6 in Blizzard white and it looks great. The leather is nice. I especially like the extra storage space above the glovebox and the hidden storage in the cargo area. This vehicle is very roomy for a small SUV. It does have a little more road noise than the Trailblazer, but nothing too bothersome, especially considering the great gas mileage. I also had to get used to turning the headlights on manually. The power of the motor on the Rav is unbelievable. It will go!! So glad I bought it!...read morehide
3 out of 15 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- IT HANDLES EXTREMELY WELL
- BAYBE THE BACK TIRE/AND THE REAR DOOR SWING OUT.?"THIRD ROW"
THE CAR SHIFTING A LOT IN THE SERRIAS/FOUND THE DRIVE THIRD TO FORTH VERY EASY TO US WHEN IN THE MOUNTAINS RATHER THAN STEPING ON THE GAS.......SHE COULD HAVE USED A FIVE SPEED.!...BUT THE MILEAGE FOR A SUV THAT SIZE WAS REMARKABLE OUR FIRST TANK OF GAS TO TAHOE(WE AVERAGED 27.2 )NOT BAD..........CAN'T WAIT TILL IT GETS ICY AROUND OUR DEL/WEBB COMMUNITY TO TEST THE TRACTION CONTROLL OUT.....THE THIRD ROW BACK SET I WOULD HAVE LEFT OUT IT'S ALMOST USLESS UNLESS YOUR A 5 Y/O..AND GETTING IN AND OUT OF THE THIRD ROW AREA IS ARCHAIC...BUT WE DO HAVE THOSE FOUR G/K TO WORRY ABOUT ?...read morehide
7 out of 23 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Roomy, great back seat and storage
- The interior is light tan cloth and I worry that it will show dirt.
It's our first Toyota and we are very pleased with it. We went in to test drive a Matrix and decided on a RAV 4
10 out of 26 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- No trim specified for this review
- very roomy, quite ride, good looks,
- speedo is haard to read, doors do not lock automaticly.
this is a great family car, my son is very tall and fits well. We were very happy with the fit and finish of the RAV. this is a good value for a suv.
17 out of 45 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent fuel economy, comments on ggod looks wherever I go, comfortable for long trips, handles w
- No air vents for back seat, cargo light a little dim for space size, tow package a little low-slung
Have had this SUV 6 months and soooo glad I bought it! Getting 28-30per gallon on long commute to work and same in short jaunts around town. Cargo is plenty roomy for groceries plus. Good headroom; tall teenagers are happy backseat or front. Leather intereior is great! Good speakers. Only annoyances are the "pair" buttons on the steering wheel (which I inadvertantly engage often) and lack of vents to the backseat....read morehide
27 out of 59 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- gas sipper, cute
- Has the jitters...front seat could be more comfortable
If you don't mind the rickety ride over normal pavement, and horrid ride over speed bumps and rough pavement, then consider this one. Quite noisy/whiny at times and transmistion shifts were sometimes not very smooth.
Driiver seat just barely ok....not sure why it is so highly rated, needs more adjustments. (Adding after market seat support helped) but being a Toyota with their great reputation probably biases a reviewer. The rear seat did not fold down as flat as it should nor the passenger seat. So just not as well designed on the inside as some competitors. Materials seem good. Had decent power for a 4 cyllinder. Switch to a different manufacterer's small SUV for better comfort, interior design and road feel.
No probs except window getting stuck down....was under warranty...
This one went to car heaven and I got a different SUV from another foreign country....read morehide
36 out of 63 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Toyota News & Articles
Toyota Camry targets 2012 sales crown
With just over two months remaining in the year, Camry has notched sales of 315,000 units, roughly 6...Read Full Review
Toyota Camry: Mr. Dependable
The Toyota Camry is like that friend you had in high school who perhaps wasn’t the coolest kid in ...Read Full Review
Toyota unwraps Tesla-powered RAV4 EV
At EVS26, the Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles this week, Toyota showed off the production ...Read Full Review
Toyota Estima Hybrid Minivan
You know how they say someone should make a hybrid minivan? Well someone does and it's Toyota and th...Read Full Review
- More Toyota News & Articles