2002 Volkswagen Golf
GL TDI shown
- $3,499 - $5,730
The 2002 Golf is a 2- or 4-door, 5-passenger family coupe, family sedan, or sports sedan, available in 6 trims,... read more ranging from the GL 2.0 to the GLS TDI. The 2002 Golf's closest competitors include the Chevrolet Cavalier, the Mitsubishi Mirage, and the Volvo S40.
Upon introduction, the GL 2.0 is equipped with a standard 2.0-liter, I4, 115-horsepower engine that achieves 24-mpg in the city and 31-mpg on the highway. The GLS TDI is equipped with a standard 1.9-liter, I4, 90-horsepower, turbo, diesel engine that achieves 42-mpg in the city and 49-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard on both trims, and a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
The 2002 Golf is a carryover from 2001.
6 Trims AvailableWhat's this?
2002 Volkswagen Golf
Select a trim below for more detailed vehicle information, including pictures, specs, and reviews.
Trims are variations of a vehicle model produced by the manufacturer. Differences between trims vary greatly between models but may include:
- - Transmission: manual, automatic or number of speeds
- - Drivetrain: front-wheel, rear-wheel, all-wheel or four-wheel drive
- - Engines: number of cylinders, power output and fuel economy
- - Features: traction control, ABS, etc.
- - Equipment: navigation system, premium sound system, leather seats, sunroof, heated seats, etc.
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Quiet, efficient Chevrolet Cruze diesel sedan gives Volkswagen TDIs new competition
For a long time, if you wanted an affordable diesel sedan, your only choice was a trip to the Volksw...Read Full Review
Video: Volkswagen Jetta impresses with slick hybrid
Volkswagen has carved out a fuel economy niche with its efficient diesel models, but it turns out, t...Read Full Review
Move over Herbie, Volkswagen revs up its highest-performance Beetle
Volkswagen is bringing more power to the people with a revised four-cylinder engine that will bring ...Read Full Review
U.S. Auto Sector Is Gradually Improving: Volkswagen Group CEO
Follow The Daily Ticker on Facebook! Carmakers are having a blockbuster year. Chrysler Group announc...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles