2009 Volkswagen GTI User Reviews
2.0T Coupe shown
- $13,525 - $13,821
- No trim specified for this review
- Powerful turbo, sporty appearance, great fuel efficiency
- DSG trans. issues, A/C issues, satellite receiver issues, only European hands-free compatibility
Purchased As New
I purchased my 2007 GTI MkV brand new off the show room floor. I now have 26K miles. My transmission has been repaired two (2) times now, I've gone through one (1) O2 censor, two (2) fuel pumps, two (2) satellite receivers, an entirely new A/C system (due to, according to the dealership, the system "imploding"), and two (2) A/C compressors. This car is fun to drive, very quick off the line, has aggressive exterior styling (with the body kit), sporty interior details and styling, tight, responsive handling.... but the repairs that this vehicle has required over the past 12 months are ridiculous. I doubt I'll be confident enough to purchase another VW in the future.
17 out of 29 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen eGolf charges to market for 2015
For 2015, Volkswagen will offer an electric version of its coming redesigned Golf, propelled by a 11...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles