2010 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen User Reviews
- $12,646 - $15,991
- No trim specified for this review
- Great MPG, cargo room, sunroof, manual trans
- Leatherette, no back up cam, need more cubbies, slow nav.
Purchased As New
I love my car so far and am so glad I bought it. The ride is superior on the freeway, the sunroof is awesome, interior seems well laid out and has a very quality feel to it. The transmission, though not as precise as an Acura I had, is actually better than I thought VW could do. The Nav screen is 5" or so...maybe smaller which, for me, is absolutely perfect. No one needs a 15" nav screen to occupy 90% of the dash so VW hit this nail on the head choosing a smaller screen. The turbo engine has a lot of grunt to it and the MPG is fantastic. Express up and down on all 4 windows, the hill hold feature so I don't roll back while trying to take off on a hill, and the sunroof that goes back past the rear seat are all wonderful things to have. Going 70+mph and the engine is just lollygagging at less than 2,000 rpm.
Things I would change are:
1. Back up camera is a must for a wagon.
2. More interior storage (my Tacoma had great cubbies for everything).
3. Nav is slow to react to driving. I'm getting used to it.
4. Leatherette seat surface almost burned me when I parked it in the sun. Leather would be better or even cloth.
5. Individual TPMS read outs. Chevy has them. why not VW?
6. Better quality floor mats. I replaced mine with WeatherTech.
7. Body side molding for door ding protection (i installed my own...painted to match the car)
8. Why is the fuel filler door on passenger side?????
9. Sunroof shade should block out all sun...not just filter it.
So despite it's shortcomings, this is still the only car in it's class I'd drive. I miss the utility of my truck but I don't miss 15 mpg in city driving.
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen eGolf charges to market for 2015
For 2015, Volkswagen will offer an electric version of its coming redesigned Golf, propelled by a 11...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles