2005 Volkswagen New Beetle User Reviews
GL 2.0L shown
- $4,612 - $5,867
- No trim specified for this review
- fun to drive,pretty good in the snow,I'm 6' 7" and i fit in this car,never left me stranded
- parts break all the time, fuel economy goes into the toilet when you drive with the a/c on,
Stay away from all VW dealers, they just want to rip you off. Cd player stopped working, Gas lid froze shut, had to break it to put gas into it.Had to get fuel lines replaced 4 months after buying it, dealer said: not covered under warrenty $700 to fix. Door handle broke, oxygen sensors went 50000 miles $500 in parts alone. replace headlight bulbs big pain.Alarm works when it wants to. Automatic locks work 50 % of the time. A five speed is the only way to go with a 4 cylinder engine, don't buy the auto. your looking for trouble. Parts are expensive,go with aftermarket. my local Firestone fixes the car for 1/4 the price.If you have hubcaps they are built so they fall off all the time, 45.00 a piece.You have to glue them on. If you buy this car hope you have a friend in the car repair or auto parts businesses
1 out of 2 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen GRC Beetle is ready to rally
Volkswagen is officially headed into rallycross action, and here's the car that'll hit the d...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles