2008 Volkswagen New Beetle User Reviews
Black Tie Edition PZEV shown
- $8,969 - $10,064
- Good mileage, lots of room, great visibility, comfortable, great power, cute little atention getter!
- This cream puff needs the original sounding VW horn!
Absolutely love this little car! Easy to maintain, great warranty, lots of fun! Great car!
10 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- tight fit,feels solid.excellent paint job.
- poor fuel economy
OK..If the big shots at VW want to sell more cars they need to get off their butts and build an engine that can get over 30 mpg in the city and 40+ mpg on the highway...this why your not selling cars..No one wants a diesel now because of fuel prices and the cost of a diesel engine,Wake up,look at all the cars made in Japan,Korera,and many in the USA that can get 30 city 35-38 hwy. I love your car but I can buy a full size Saturn and get more room,a better ride and greater fuel mileage....Ron...read morehide
4 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Funky shape that is fun to drive, handles great,peppy, Lot's of head room.
- Poor fuel economy 23-24 average city/ highway, little stuff breaks all the time.
The car handles great, it's peppy. In the snow it's great. I have alot of room. I am 6'7". Four people can ride in it. I use it to commute. End up driving it all the time. Fuel economy is poor 23-25 mpg city/ highway. I can load 8 foot 2X4 in it. People are surprised, at what fits in when I go to IKEA, or Home Depot. Little things break on it. Either fix it yourself or find a good mechanic. Stay away from the dealer. Head lights burn out every 3-6 months. Changing them is a pain. Hubcaps fall off all the time. The radio/ cd player needs to be replaced with after market items....read morehide
6 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- most large cars get better fuel milage.
- rides very rough,poor visablity,not very good fuel milage.
Holds its value good, For a car this small you would think you would better then 25 m.p.g.
5 out of 13 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Speedy climbing mountain passes and general highway driving. Good gas mileage.
- There is very poor visibility when backing up......the blind spots are covered by the high headrests
Very dangerous driving........due to the limited visibility of the blind spots. The window tinting is too dark. When backing up or driving at night it is almost impossible to see anything. VERY DANGEROUS.
13 out of 19 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Better car than buying a Corolla or a Civic which is over priced and overrated.
The Beetle is just what is needed for the power conscious individuals today who wants peppy acceleration, but frugal gas mileage. It is a good handling and comfortable car to drive. Its body construction is strong to withstand in a crash and safety is a concern. Just a wonderful car to own and has withstood the test of time. A daily driver for the employee and a student....read morehide
48 out of 54 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen GRC Beetle is ready to rally
Volkswagen is officially headed into rallycross action, and here's the car that'll hit the d...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles