2007 Volkswagen New GTI User Reviews
- $9,649 - $11,909
- Good fuel economy, GPS, Looks, Turbo, Headlights
I tend to do a lot of reserach on a car before doing anything. I read a lot of reviews on this car but made up my mine when i took it out for a test drive. That same day I signed a contract for one. This car is a great looking car and it runs even better. It seems no matter what gear I'm in it takes off like a rocket. It handles turns like a dream with my 18" tires. If i had to do it again i would do it over and over....read morehide
2 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great acceleration, the Orange is awesome with 18inch wheels....nice comfort leather seats
- I cannot afford two
Mustang V8 convertible, RX-8 were driven.......but discarded as options as soon as I floored the car @ 70 and saw it accelerate hard up to 85 in no time....
I hope I don't get tickets being Orange!
2 out of 8 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Great acceleration, ride, fuel economy, and the TURBO is BRILLIANT!!
- Speeding tickets may be a problem, dote!
I bought mine in April and I love it. It is a great sports car for the money. It out does all other cars costing thousands more (EVO, G35, Infiniti, BMW, etc.); I test drove them all and I could afford to buy them. Afte test driving the GTI, it was an easy decision. I live in Chicago, and it is great in the commute both on the highways and on the rough streets and traffic. The acceleration is instant and effortless, thanks to a well thought out turbo system. It handles very quickly and responsively. The ride may be a bit stiff and rough for some, but get a slower more expensive sports car with a smoother ride---this is an affordable Porsche! The interior is great, I got the retro-plaid cloth seats. I really like the way the red and cobalt blue contrasts of the interior lights at night. I have upgraded as much as I can at this point. I got the alpine stereo upgrade, OZ racing rims, cool air intake, diverter valve, and exhaust, ground effects, engine mounts, shocks, etc., (all after market). For the city, it is so tight and fast. Parking such a small car is a breeze. Always turns heads because it looks like a black bullet of speed! It is my favorite toy. BRILLIANT!!!...read morehide
3 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- price, luxury feel, little details
I got my 6-speed pkg2 (leather, sunroof, ipod connector, but no navi) in feb and have put over 6.5k miles on it so far. Have been on one long 3k mile road trip and loved every minute of it.
Things I love:
1. the steering wheel. excellent design better than the stock circular wheels
2. features: 6-cd changer, xenon lights, rear wiper, multi function display etc
3. little things: when front wipers are on and you put the car into reverse, rear wipers kick in automatically. headlights come on automatically at night. service reminders, height adjustable drivers arm rest, hooks in the trunk for your grocery bags.. they took care of the small things
4. your knowledgeable friends will admire it. i got many compliments when i bought it (except from the honda contingent, and those who thought hatches were uncool)
5. the ride is good and tight. you feel the road and it isnt super-quiet though.
Things that bother me:
1. my sound system. recently some times the bass goes crazy. it passes after some time.
2. cruise control, high-beam and indicator are on the same lever, sometimes leading to false signals
3. leather easily scratched
4. wish there was more storage space in the front
1. wish there was a "sunroof open" indicator like a door-open indicator. every time it rains my heart jumps.
2. bluetooth - acura tsx has this (pricey?)
3. trip counter-2 resets itself after a 2-hour rest. wish trip2 was manual reset too.
mileage: i got 31-32 on highways, get about 24 in the city with a 5-mile busy drive to work.
The car does feel a little bulky, but its justified given its features and the 200 hp/200 lb-ft is adequate.
over-all, i think this car is a good bargain for its price...read morehide
5 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Good fuel econ., firm ride, springy acelleration, and unique appearence.
- Front aftermarket valence chips easily, airconditioning is ok.
This is a low emission "Green" car, and for a turbo that means alot to me; my emission inspection barely registered at the DMV Station! Everyone that sees this car asks me about it because it stands out from the higher and lower priced clones. It doesn't look as fast as it really is, but when I beat a Mustang from a green light, the German guy driving the new Mustang asked me what I had under the hood!
What many people don't know is that the car's body is seamlessly welded through out, giving it its solid secure feel on the road. The safety features with airbags just about everywhere, should make any nervous Mom secure about hubby or the teens or young adults driving it. Don't get me wrong though, this car is for the careful, not the careless; it is very responsive and quick and could put inexperienced drivers into the shoulder or a wall. But to those who respectfully like wringing out a car, for the money, this one has it all! You will treat it like your first born child or your favorite pet! Not just a car to drive around, but an experience never to be forgotten! I love my FASSST!...read morehide
2 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- WOW! Have had, and driven many sports cars ( Porsche Ferrari etc ) Dollar for dollar is right up at
- Needs 4 WD
Buy it again= 100% It comes across as a very balanced, great handling , and intuitive sports car costing thousands more. Surprising !
0 out of 6 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Excellent balance of performance, fuel economy, utility, creature comforts. Launch Control!
- Appearance grows on you. Euro spec springs not standard. Car was raised 0.5-1.0 inch for USA.
Pro's: Excellent balance of performance, fuel economy, utility, creature comforts. Utility of hackback.
With back seats folded down it's as spacious as a small SUV. Excellent head room in back seats, all though only comfortable for 4 passengers. I'm 72" and my head hits the celling in my wife's civic ex sedan.
Car is a sleeper, definitely under the radar. 27miles per gallon with DSG and spirited driving.
Car is a chip (APR = 250hp & 280lb/ft tq ~$600) and lowered suspesion (Neuspeed-Eibach/Koni FSD ~$1100 installed) away from perfection in looks and performance. Leather interior is awesome.
I prefer it the interior and exterior with the Package 2 with ground effects and 18's over the more expensive, heavier, and slightly slower Audi S3 which is $30K+! With the money saved, you could get a chip, suspension, and years of fuel.
Cons: Hatchback looks not for everyone.
US springs-Too much wheel well gap! My wife's 2007 honda civic sedan ex has 1/2 as much gap and is lower overall (I admit, the civic corners like an old lady with a walker).
Premium fuel....read morehide
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- LOVE THE SEATS,GREAT POWER,GOOD GAS MILAGE
- NO AUTO HEADLIGHTS
CAR RIDES GREAT. GOOD BRAKES.COULD REALLY USE THE AUTO HEADLIGHTS,HAD THE CAR FOR OVER TWO MONTHS AND LEFT THE LIGHTS ON TWICE (DEAD BATTERY), OTHER CAR WAS A KIA IT HAD AUTO LIGHTS.
1 out of 4 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Love the seats, Power, handling is great just over 6200 miles. And I love it.
- I wish the ground effects were matching color to my Charcoal Gray.
It's a car made to do many things with. Saves gas with the DSG that is. Fast and sporty and does well in snow. It's almost a BMW 3 series for half the price.
0 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Most Viewed New
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Transformed into Shark Cage
Ah, it’s that time of year again folks– Shark Week. And in honor of this Selachimorphan-inspired...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles