2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon User Reviews
- $8,307 - $11,147
- No trim specified for this review
- Superb Performance & Handling, Xlnt traction control & stability, 6 speed tiptronic auto trans
- uses premium fuel, lots of little annoying noises, higher than Japanese car maintenance
WOW! A German road car for under $30K! If you're looking for a hot ride that handles, performs like a little 4 wheeled rocket, than this is the car for you. Unlike Honda's (we own an Odyssey that we love) or Toyota's you will never feel "just plain bored" piloting this car! With only 2400 miles on our wagon I cannot speak authoritatively yet regarding any major issues.
My one complain is lots of little noises, engine is loud, road noise at 60 MPH or so is annoying but bearable. All electro-mechanical devices make noise, from the electric brake to the windshield wipers to the rear hatch slamming shut with a bang and a thud (oh well) and when re-entering your Passat and upon opening the doors there's some strange whirring noises. But... who really cares?
Other items I dislike:
1. spark plugs need changing at 40K
2. Uses timing belt (Toyota and Honda finally did away with that)
3. uses expensive synthetic oil
4. Bottom scrapes going over speed bumps
5. front end is vulnerable to damage from other drivers not
On the plus side:
1. Respectable fuel economy (we're getting 26 to 31 MPG average)
2. Very easy handling/parking etc
3. Speedy like a rocket
4. quiets down at 70 + MPH
5. Eye catching styling
6. Eight air bags for family safety
7. Great on rain soaked roads!
Forget all the other hooey you hear about these cars... they're a hoot to drive!
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volkswagen News & Articles
Volkswagen Beetle R Concept pictures
View a Full GalleryRead Full Review
Volkswagen Bus Funds Start-Up
How Specialized grew to a multi-million dollar bicycle company.Read Full Review
Volkswagen GTD Heading Stateside in 2015
The Volkswagen GTI has always been huge hit here in the US. A plucky little hatch with 200 horsepowe...Read Full Review
Volkswagen eGolf charges to market for 2015
For 2015, Volkswagen will offer an electric version of its coming redesigned Golf, propelled by a 11...Read Full Review
- More Volkswagen News & Articles