2008 Volkswagen Rabbit
There are 40 user reviews for the 2 Door S trim shown below
- Easy to handle and maneuver specially in times of heavy traffic. very agile.
- Not enough space for big bulk of grocery.
I love this car. Though the mpg is not well high 22-32 mpg compared to the Honda or Corolla, I prefer it more than any common car in the market. It durability, safety and comfort made me fall in love to it.
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- well built, feels safe,very sporty
- on rough roads the dash squeeks and vibrartes, seating surface materials inferior, city gas mileage
overall great car, I bought two at the same time. I would consider the rabbit again if the mileage gets better ( I'd just keep the sheep skin covers off the seats of my old ones).
5 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Fun, torque, std. features, and fun
- If you turn a corner while there's water on the roof, and the windows open you will get wet.
I've owned this car for 8 weeks now and have over 2500 miles on it. I look forward to every time I get in the car. The acceleration is awsome. This car has tons of torque, so getting up to speed on the interstate is never an issue as it is with most small cars, and passing slower traffic raises the adreneline not from fear, but from joy.
So before you buy that Matrix, or 3, check out the Rabbit. The MPGs are a bit lower on the Rabbit, but the smiles per mile are definetly worth it....read morehide
9 out of 12 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- I got sunroof, what a great drive, so big for a small car, so easy, so many options at a cheap price
- I got wheels, sunroof and find the manual to get about 29mpg
I bought the first one in Michigan in June 2006. They had not even been unloaded from the truck yet. I don't think VW knew what they were doing and I got a sunroof from VW on my 2 door. It has been over 2 years now. This car is amazing. The drive is smooth, the torque is there when you need power. If I was to complain about anything, the clutch is too light. Other people have trouble with it when they drive my car. I once packed a whole outside catering event in my car. Everyone watching was shocked on how much I got in there. My wife just recently bought a new Accord Coupe, and was suprised that my $16k car had so many features standard that her new $24K car did not.
Problems after 2 years - my rear windshield wiper comes on at weird times and sometimes I have to turn the car off to stop it.
- My passenger side air bag has set itself to the off position. (probably because my brother is 350lbs) An easy fix by the dealer....read morehide
11 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Pretty fast, Lots of space, Good looking
- Fuel Economy, driver blind spot.
The car itself is an awesome car. Well built driving machine. I feel really safe when im behind the wheel. Has so many airbags. Good break response. Great handling. The only reason the car is not that fuel efficient is because its a 5 cylinder car. Most people think since its a small car its a 4 cylinder, but you are mistaken my friends, its an inline 5 cylinder. Thats why its feels pretty fast, compared to a civic, sentra, and corolla.
Overall its a real fun car to drive....read morehide
16 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Leg room and head room, interrior and exterrior styling, peppy engine, great handling
- For a car under $20K anything I bring up would be nit-picking
For me this car is a miracle. At 6'7" and 300 lbs I never thought I would be able to own and drive (comfortably) a small call. The Rabbit 2-dr is the only car I have found with a small footprint at is totally comfortable to get in and out of and to drive.
I have experienced a few of the small annoyances that are posted in reviews, but they really are trivial to me, especially in a car under $20K.
Plus when you are sitting in the car and zipping around your neighbor hood I seems like you are driving a $35K car....read morehide
18 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Handling is excellent, engine has lots of torque, tiptronic automatic tranny allows manual shifting
- Grocery bag hooks in trunk don't have enough "bite", stereo volumn control is too notchy
Superb value. The quality of components, materials and workmanship inside and out is excellent. The engine has a lot of torque for good acceleration. The automatic tiptronic transmission can be shifted manually providing instant power for passing and lane changing. Lastly, the suspension is independant at all four corners providing a very sporty feel. Bottom line, this car is not your average econobox. If you want one of them buy a civic or corolla....read morehide
12 out of 22 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- ballin. i love my bunny
- none that i have found
this is the best car i have ever driven. i love it because of the fuel economy but it doesn't give up any features
26 out of 33 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- good fuel economy, sporty, looks, price
- No sunroof
Wake up America!!!!!!!! Just traded my 2006 Cadi CTS sport for the Rabbit, it just feels right!!!!
Super easy to handle, quick, great value for your money!!!!
24 out of 32 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- excellent quality, great on fuel, plenty of power with great features
I bought my rabbit 10 weeks ago and love it even more now. I had an explorer that was truly not made even close to this, very cheap. I have more money in my pocket being i only fill up once a week and love driving it. I had a golf years ago with similar results and wanted to give ford and nissan another try. I will not buy anything but vw again. I recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable and well made car....read morehide
21 out of 31 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
( What's this? )