2006 Volvo C70 User Reviews
- Beautiful styling.
- Rides like the entry level S40 & underpowered. No AWD drive option like AUDI or the S40 sedan.
Close to $50K with all options. Don't believe the $38K advertised price.
Underpowered compared to it's predecesor C70 and geared to the "brushed aluminum " lovers with no option for wood grain accents. The mechanism for retracting the roof is very complicated and takes up a great deal of the trunk when down. If you have items in the trunk when roof is down you will have to rely on an electronic button to lift the roof approx 6 inches to gain access. Good luck if that doesn't work and you need to get anything out. Hopefully they will come out with later generations that have more power, AWD and a quick way to get at your goods in the trunk manually. Last but not least, if its anything like my previous Volvo, it will cost a fortune in maintenance....read morehide
41 out of 55 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Ride, Comfort, Looks, Finish, Saftey
- None So Far Other Than Paying Retail
I just purchased this car today and it is by far the best convertible on the market. I have had a Lexus SC 430 & Toyota Solora and the Volvo is the only one of the three that you can not tell that it is a convertible when you have the top up. It drives great and seems to be well built.
41 out of 43 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- Comfortable, although the seats are not for larger body frame. Nice hard top convertible, high fun
- 218 hp vs. cost (added premium) $50K. Front end is snubbed like S40, odd styling
Lot's of moving parts on the convertible roof...can definately see something breaking easily. Not sure if buying this first gen is in my furture...
7 out of 20 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
- BEAUTIFUL CAR. RETRACTABLE HARD TOP MAKES IT TWO CARS IN ONE.
- NONE TO LIST
THIS IS WHAT A CONVERTABLE SHOULD BE. IT ATTRACTS A LOT OF ATTENTION, SMOOTH YET FUN RIDE. SAFE AND RELIABLE...THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT FROM VOLVO
12 out of 24 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful to you?
Research A Car
Free Dealer Price Quote
Select A Make And Model
- Up to 3 certified local dealers will contact you with a price.
- Get a hassle-free deal and guaranteed savings off MSRP.
- This service is totally FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Auto Loan Rates
Volvo News & Articles
Volvo will replace C70... eventually
Volvo has already announced the end of production for its C70 hardtop convertible, a handsome but se...Read Full Review
Volvo V60 Polestar is one hot hauler
Earlier this year, Polestar jumped from the racetrack to the showroom with its own take on the Volvo...Read Full Review
Volvo V60 Polestar speeds into view [UPDATE]
Send us photos of a new wagon out testing, and you've got our attention. Send us photos of a fast wa...Read Full Review
Volvo Launches Latest Autonomous Cars Pilot In Sweden
Volvo has now launched a pilot project in the city of Gothenburg, Sweden, where its self-driving veh...Read Full Review
- More Volvo News & Articles