Blake Shelton fans currently get their weekly dose of the country music star on Monday and Tuesday nights thanks to The Voice. But now they’ll also have the opportunity to see him in Vegas like never before.
On November 11, the 45-year-old "Happy Anywhere" singer dropped the incredible news that he and Ryman Hospitality Properties are opening up a bar-restaurant-music venue called Ole Red in Las Vegas. For those that don’t know, Ole Red is an entertainment venue brand “inspired by the boss man himself: Blake Shelton.” The Vegas location will be at the intersection of the Las Vegas Strip and Flamingo Road — across from the Bellagio fountains — and is set to open its doors in 2023. The new space will be the latest addition to his growing list of Ole Red venues, which are currently located in Oklahoma, Tennessee and Florida.
"LAS VEGAS!!!! We’re bringing the damn party to y’all! The newest edition to the @olered fam coming in 2023!!!" Blake wrote alongside an Instagram picture announcing the big news.
Of course, Blake's Instagram followers immediately rushed to the comments section to celebrate alongside Blake. "Yes, I’m going!!! Lol❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️," one fan wrote. "Yay!!!🔥👏🔥👏," another said.
Yay, indeed. Per reports, Ole Red Las Vegas will be approximately 27,000 square feet, including four stories of food and entertainment space and a 4,500 square foot rooftop bar with views of the Vegas skyline. What's more, news of Ole Red opening has sparked speculation that Blake might be exploring his own Vegas residency in Sin City soon —especially considering his wife, No Doubt leading lady Gwen Stefani, recently wrapped up her own Just a Girl residency at Planet Hollywood.
“I’ve been going to Las Vegas for 20 years now working, and I’ve never felt like there was enough of a country music presence,” Blake revealed at a Nashville press conference.
Meanwhile, Colin Reed, the chairman and CEO of Ryman Hospitality Properties, said: "This will be a wonderful place for us to rotate the young artists that we are building relationships with. And hopefully Blake [when you do a] residency at Caesars Palace you can then come and play [here] as well.”
Now that The Voice is down to one season per year, Blake might finally have the time to pursue his dream of a Vegas residency. But does this mean that Blake will walk away from the NBC competition show for good? So far, he hasn't announced any definitive plans to exit The Voice, though he did tell Today show's Hoda Kotb in March that he might be ready to take a step back out of the spotlight in the near future.
The one and only @blakeshelton joins @hodakotb as a surprise co-host while Jenna enjoys some time off. He talks about Ariana Grande joining #TheVoice next season, his upcoming album and more! pic.twitter.com/vjCRDsuu8A
— TODAY with Hoda & Jenna (@HodaAndJenna) March 31, 2021
"I hope that’s not too far down the road," Blake explained when asked about someday embracing a simpler life. "Ten years sounds like way too long to me. I’d like to see that sooner than later."
Regardless of Blake's future on The Voice, we're so thrilled to hear about his new Vegas venture. Knowing how much everyone loves Blake, we're sure it'll be a huge hit.
You Might Also Like