This gluten-free lemon tart is a refreshing surprise
Baking made easy! In this episode of ITK Eats, we show you how to make a gluten-free lemon tart that’s creamy, smooth and sweet. It’s perfect for any kind of event or dinner party — or you can just make one for yourself! The best part is that it only takes a half hour to prepare.
For the dough:
1 cup almond flour
2/3 cup gluten-free baking flour
2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the lemon curd:
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Patz&Patz Fluted Tart Pan with Removable Bottom
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together the almond flour, gluten-free baking flour, confectioner’s sugar and salt. Then fold in the melted butter with a rubber spatula.
3. Transfer to a greased 9-inch tart pan. Press the dough into the pan tightly, then prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. To make the lemon curd: Add the granulated sugar, lemon juice, zest, eggs, egg yolks and heavy cream to a separate bowl and cook over moderate heat for 10 to 20 minutes, whisking continuously. Then, remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of butter a few cubes at a time, continuing to whisk.
5. Fill the baked pie crust with lemon curd and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least four hours until chilled.
Serve with mixed berries and whipped cream.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
The post This gluten-free lemon tart is a refreshing surprise appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know:
I wore this summer perfume on a romantic trip with my fiancé, and I've never smelled better
Serve this whole roasted cauliflower with hummus at your next dinner party
This single-serving ice cream maker will be the best $22 you spend this summer
This strawberry semifreddo cake is the perfect dessert for spring